[OM] Computer Question for processing e-3 images

Subject: [OM] Computer Question for processing e-3 images
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:37:06 EDT
Just trying to keep it on topic.

It is time for me to replace my laptop and I'm looking at a Dell Studio 17
with an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 processor (2.5GHz/800Mhz/6MB cache), 4GB Dual
Channel DDR2 memory, dual 320GB SATA hard drives (5400 RPM) and an integrated
video card (Intel Graphics Media accelerator X3100.) The larger screen should
allow me to move the tool bars out of my image area, shouldn't it?

I will primarily be using it for processing images while on the road.   Will
this get it done with CS3 and Light room?  Am I making a mistake not  getting
a dedicated video card?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  The sales person at Dell tried  to
nudge me toward the XPS line, however it seemed a little like overkill and
required about another $1000.

Any other suggestion on other laptops would be appreciated.  Bill  Barber