[OM] Re: Computer Question for processing e-3 images

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer Question for processing e-3 images
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:00:41 +0100
Hi Bill,

Three years ago I bought an HP Compaq nc8230 laptop. It has way lower
spec than the machine you are presenting here. I use it all the time for
PS CS2, Lightroom (and Studio DV8 for video). Ample performance and no
extra graphical card needed. In fact my desktop brok down ove a year ago
and I haven't missed it. Iwould check the quality of the LCD screen
though. Not all of them display the right colors and intensity. Mine
seems quite good though. I use it at native resolution of 1680x1050
pixels. As for the lack of disk space (80GB), I use an external disk
drive to file older photos and only leave the newer photos on the
laptop. I would not hesitate to buy a laptop as main and only computer
again.

Wiliam

/aol?redir=