[OM] Re: Computer Question for processing e-3 images

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer Question for processing e-3 images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:26:08 -0700
David Irisarri wrote:
> I think everybody knows the experience of updating your computer and realize
> that Windows runs with the same low speed, you lost everyday your system
> configuration, speakers setup, etc... You lose personal data when Windows
> crashes, etc...

Not really. I know some others have what appear to be endless problems.
I've used Windoze for what seems like forever, starting to play with
something like ver. 1.2(2.1?), an odd little thing that ran under DOS
and was more toy than OS.

Problems, sure, on occasion. I seem to recall that 95 was dodgy, and 98
on my old notebook got a little weird about booting near the end,
sometimes requiring two tries, but I'm guessing it was hardware. XP has
been nice and solid on two machines for me. Vista has been, if anything,
more solid than XP. I've had the occasional application crash. Something
I tried, freeware I think, managed to crash to its own blue screen, but
nothing has brought Vista itself down.

It may just be my personal Karma, though. :-)

Moose