[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Fre

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Fre
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:37:33 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:

> What is so strange is that the OM-3Ti truely is beautiful.  The OM-1 and OM-2
> are elegant, the OM-2S and OM-4(Ti) have their own techno-modern look, but
> the 3Ti's fit and finish is jaw-dropping beautiful. The colors just match the
> trim and labelling so well.  A perfect blend of color, shadow and highlights.
>  It truely is unlike ANY other OM body and I believe is the perfect execution
> of Maitani's vision of the OM line.  Yeah, it's that good.  It's like a
> bronze sculpture.

I agree. I got to handle - very carefully - Jim Brokaw's minty 3Ti. Like
great food, great sex and religious experience, some things can't be
described properly in words.

I wouldn't claim that the 3Ti is in quite the same category, but it
shares the problem of being beyond simple description.

Oddly enough, I still don't want one. Following the dictum "know
thyself", I know that a beauty like you now have would languish in
protective custody, a marked up one would upset me with its lack of
purity, and I'd be bugged by the lack of mirror/aperture pre-fire.

Although I do shoot an OM-1 sometimes, I'm really an aperture preferred
sort of guy since the OM-2n came into my life about 30 years ago. Hi ho,
hi ho, it's am OM-4 for me...

Moose