[OM] Re: OT-Big Blow

Subject: [OM] Re: OT-Big Blow
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:39:25 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> Yes, that looks lovely, Bob.  The colours, composition and lighting are all
> just the job.
>
> My wife came down to my cellar office when I was looking through your site;
> she likes your shots too.

Although most look pretty good on the web, where they really shine is as
prints. Some of Bob's images are only ok on the web, but stunning in
person. Winter Rockweed, for example, just knocked me out even at 8x10
<http://www.bwp33.com/page12/files/page12-1008-full.html>. Many others,
like the one just posted, I suspect, only start to really breathe at
larger sizes. White on White is one that doesn't look like anything much
on the web site, but is quite lovely in the 10x13 print I won for naming
it. <http://www.bwp33.com/page5/files/page5-1010-full.html>

Barring a catastrophe, we'll be in Maine next fall and I hope to browse
through more prints.

As you can tell, I'm a fan. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see
prints from more of our premiere list printmakers. I do have a couple of
nice B&W prints from Tom Fenwick and a color one from Shootergrl (Pat
Pearson) from exchanges, but I'm sure I'm missing a lot from others.

I'd suggest a "bring your prints" convention or traveling show, but then
I'd have to fire up my printer again. :-)

Moose