[OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Anyone got Vonage VOIP service?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:44:25 -0400
The internet is a store and forward file transfer service, not a
point-to-point telephone switching service.  I would be surprised if
there were never garbles or delays.  The question is whether the garbles
and delays are due to Vonage in some unspecified way, your internet
service provider or some other foul-up on the web... and how frequent
are the problems?  I have Time Warner service but the VOIP service is
terribly expensive in this market.  It's unlikely to save me much money.
  Vonage has a $14.95/month plan with 500 minutes that would cover all
my non-cell phone usage and then some.

ps:  Are you sure that Vonage is responsible for loss of your original
number?  I would assume that the loss was caused by the carrier you were
switching to rather than away from.  It's the new carrier who is
responsible for arranging the new service and terminating the old.

Chuck Norcutt