[OM] Re: OT: I got an awesome deal on a Minolta lens

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: I got an awesome deal on a Minolta lens
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:37:23 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Johnny Johnson wrote:
>> At 07:22 AM 10/28/2008, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>>
>>> Too bad Minolta won't work on EOS without some optics involved in
>>> the adapter.  I have a 58mm f/1.2 Rokkor that would be nice to use.
>>>

>> Or, since I imagine that you're pretty handy with a drill press and
>> Dremel tool, you could just do a mount conversion.
>>
>> http://www.cogitech.ca/Rokkor/index.html
>>
> That was fun. It wouldn't have hurt to measure the spacer thickness
> and
> let his audience save a lot of time with trial and error.

Also, they neglected to mention the significance of the gin bottle,
and the lack of contents thereof.

I find a little fortitude from a bottle helps gets daunting projects
started, if not necessarily successfully completed... :-)

:::: We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our
house for fuel when we should be using nature's inexhaustible sources
of energy - sun, wind and tide. I'd put my money on the sun and solar
energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil
and coal run out before we tackle that.
-- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
:::: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Item/80BF02>