[OM] Re: focus blend CS4

Subject: [OM] Re: focus blend CS4
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:37:37 -0400
At 06:14 AM 10/30/2008, ...Wayne wrote:
>>... two images (first images I came across in my files). One was
>> focused on the back petals, the other on the stamina, shot at
>> F13. There is no way I could get this kind of DOF with just F stops.
>>
>> http://www.zuik.net/5D/flower_focus_blend.jpg
>>

>Very impressive.
>
>How did you change the focus point, move the camera & lens or refocus the
>lens ?

Just adjust focus point on the lens. Here is a guide and some more examples.

http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1483

The merging is part of the blending of stacked layers. I'm curious now about
other possible blending besides just focus points. I've been wanting to do
this for years. I think I even proposed the idea on this list before helicon
software or PS implemented it.

This will change the way I think about macros now, no longer locked in
to framing dictated by plane of focus. And the possibility to use the sweet
F-stop of the lens.

The fact the lens is internal focus, and hence changes focal length with focus,
seems to be managed by the auto-align step, as seen in the third example I
presented.

WayneS - addicted to the adobe update wagon