[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now aDigital-F

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now aDigital-F
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:49:55 -0400
Well salvation is at hand---well, mebbe. (perhaps damnation from Dr.
Flash's vantage point).   For those that would want to play with the
Oly TTL quench signal, the radiopopper P8 might provide it.  It has
been delayed in shipping and it is to be release together with the yabe
cheapo trigger killer? radiopopper junior that has been previously
reported here to trigger a flash from S. Hamilton, MA to Dr. Flash's
office.  The company is shipping the P1, so all is not vaporware and is
now shippping to Canada.  They no longer keep up there blog well (bad
sign?) but a tech on the phone reported that they have seen Oly flashes
circulating around and will try and include its TTL protocol in the P8.
  The P1 chip did not have much capacity to add any other protocols
except can/nik.
As it has more channels the P8 will be more $$, hopefully not too
expensive.  They had production problems from a supplier, so who knows
when it will ship.  We'll see.

Mike

AG says:
 The Olympus flash system
does remarkably well, but with most (or all) of these wireless systems,
they
are IR based.  For me, that is a fatal flaw as I'm constantly placing
my
off-camera flashes in bizaar