[OM] Re: Best focusing screen for low-light / shallow DOF

Subject: [OM] Re: Best focusing screen for low-light / shallow DOF
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:55:49 +0200
Thanks for the replies, 'I will just have to try a couple (well,
whichever ones
I can lay my hands on) to see which suits my OM-1n the best.

My eyes are actually still pretty good, basically 20/20 vision, and I
manual-focused
the notoriously difficult Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L perfectly with Canon's
simply amazing
Ec-S (super high precision matte for lenses faster than f/2.8) screen
in my previous
camera. I am just looking to get a bit closer to that experience,
especially with the
OM's infinitely better finder.

I am going to look for a 2-series screen. John, I understand you can
adjust the
OM-1's meter to compensate somewhat for the different, non-sanctioned
screens?
(the ones with the tabs requiring to be modified). As I said, I do
incident most of
the time, but I would like to retain a fairly accurate meter.

regards,
Dawid