[OM] Re: OT American express

Subject: [OM] Re: OT American express
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:41:58 +1100
Same thing happened in Australia - AUD dropped from almost parity at
96 US¢ to 60¢, despite the fact that we have similar financial
controls, a healthy economy, relatively, and banks that don't go
bust. Bloody annoying. With Aus. and RSA it's partly due to the drop
in demand for commodities like minerals as well.
This used to be called the Earthquake Tokyo scenario - the idea that
if the Japanese suffered a serious disaster, they'd pull their money
back home and markets around the world would collapse.
My B&H account won't be seeing much activity for a while.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx