[OM] Re: Nathan's PAD 03/11/2008: Danish bagerjomfru

Subject: [OM] Re: Nathan's PAD 03/11/2008: Danish bagerjomfru
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:32:55 +0100
Same thing in Switzerland, in fact the supermarket in the town where
I lived (suburb of Zurich) would accept not only Euro but even USD
and GBP. Their cash registers were simply programmed to accept those
currencies, so all the cashier had to do was to push one additional
button. But then again, the Swiss are well known for accepting money
from all sources :-)

Here in Denmark, you can probably pay with Euros in major department
stores and in shops in the centre of Copenhagen, but you will be
fleeced on the exchange rate. Anyway, most people just use cards. My
Spanish debit card with PIN works just fine here.

And, for the record, the Eurozone includes 13 of the 27 EU member
states. Most of the 12 new countries that joined in 2004 and 2007
have not yet adopted the Euro (although eventually all will). Of the
old 15 countries, the UK, Sweden and Denmark did not adopt the Euro.

Cheers,
Nathan

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurozone
>>> Jez
>>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
>> chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nathan Wajsman