[OM] Re: Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:23:06 -0600
HDR, blending and grads all have their place.  I think the best approach,
from a professional perspective is to be fluent and capable in all manners.

Personally, my attempts at HDR have been quite successful, but the problem I
run into is that in the process of combining images together I sometimes
fail to see the original "vision" for the picture.  I am in much better
shape if I can get the "original" image as close to final output as I can.

And now that I'm heavily into film again, ND-Grads are a point of interest
for me too.  I've been contemplating getting myself a nice Christmas present
of high-quality ND-Grads.  11 years ago, my entire set of Cokin filters grew
legs in a breakin and I never did replace them.

AG