[OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 00:16:18 +0000 (GMT)
Hmm,
    This thread on glasses mirrors my situation. OM3 and 4ti...No problem with
viewfinder. Leica M6...no problem with viewfinder, Reading glasses needed to
"work controls". Canon 40D and Olympus 510 no problem with viewfinder BUT
reading glasses needed to "work controls".
Driving in the evenings (low light) brings its own problems. Long sight is
perfect BUT when I look down on dashboard at speedo, CD controls, switches etc.
everything is a blur, as is Satnav.
I am thinking of getting either a pair of old fashioned style half lens glasses
or variofocals tuned to clear glass in top running to reading prescription in
bottom third.
Comments / advice  VERY welcome

Regards
  John Duggan,