[OM] Re: OT American express

Subject: [OM] Re: OT American express
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:49:07 -0800 (PST)
There must be a reason for life there to be cheaper...or at least appears that
way.  But it is always a loosing argument.  When it comes to quality of life,
it is not worth even mentioning to the midwesterners or southerners how bad
they have it.
Wifey is from the state of Misery, thats where I met her.  We lived in Saint
Louis for seven years...and just couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.
Last thing I remember before we left for NE in 2001 was McDonalds restaurant
with a giant fifteen food plastic gorilla on the top of its roof and my wife
exclaiming.."That's just beautiful"...it took us five years to get the courage
to return and visit our relatives who still live there.
Most of people relate to food very well, so I would try to explain it in terms
of food...:)  It is really bad.  You need to go to at least a semi-upscale
restaurant to get the quality and athmosphere you get in New England, but
then...the portions shrink to normal and you pay at least 1/3 more than you
would pay in The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, my new
country.
I visit Saint Louis more often now, but it always feels like going to a third
world country.
Boris

At 06:14 PM 11/4/2008, you wrote:

>South Central Kansas. My inlaws tell me it's about 20 cents a gallon cheaper
>in SW Missouri.
>
>Bill Pearce

My parents, (90's) are always telling me how low the price is in Missourah
compared
to me in Massachusetts.

And today we determine whether it is warshington or washington for the next 4
years.

WayneS