[OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:30:59 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Wow!  Almost too much data to digest.  But hold on for this news flash.   The
> new glasses are here, work better than the old ones but the left eye clearly
> doesn't see "sharp" like the right.  Not sure why.  Big
> mystery now that I know how to read the prescription.  The new prescription
> says the left eye (view finder eye) doesn't have any astigmatism....
> Gotta go see the doc again I guess.

Yup, get it all checked. My most recent prescription had to be remade
twice. One advantage of an in-house optometrist  is that my insistence
that I couldn't see correctly with the first pair led to a retest, with
a different fellow. Which gave a different prescription! So no charge,
but an apology.

The second set of lenses had photo gray that didn't, well, a tiny bit.
The third set worked fine.

Moose