[OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:01:19 -0500
I'm behind on the discussion...

Custom diopter for the camera won't work with astigmatism unless
one never frames vertically.

I remember some discussion many moons ago on this list that the eye
relief on the OM's can be improved by getting a negative diopter and
re-adjusting the camera diopter. This will reduce the viewfinder image a
bit and work better with glasses. Hence I tend to use a -1 to -3 diopter
on the camera to help accommodate my glasses.

Viewfinder image, even if one uses auto-focus cameras, is still very
important, and being able to see it clearly is one of the most important
considerations I use for picking a camera. I remember I hesitated
a long time on the E-1 due to the smaller image size. The E-1 turned
out to have a pretty good viewfinder.

Whatever you discover, getting it right for you is very important. If I can't
see what I'm photographing, I might as well shoot from the hip.

I really don't see an alternative to corrective glasses, Only try to make the
camera behave the best for wearing glasses.

WayneS