[OM] Re: Animal Interference was Re: Re: OT American express

Subject: [OM] Re: Animal Interference was Re: Re: OT American express
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:17:27 -0800
My ex was working on a Very Important Document in Word Perfect on a
MeSs-DOS box, long ago. She hadn't saved in some time, and had gone
off for some coffee.

When she got back, the screen was blank! Oh no! She called me for
assistance. I did a "dir" and noticed a file named "GGGGGGGG.GGG" and
opened it in Word Perfect. There was her file, with same cat-language
in the middle, but the cat had thoughtfully saved the file before
exiting.

I never did know much about Word Perfect, but I assume that in some
mode, "G" was the command to save the file, which then prompted for a
filename.

:::: The per capita wattage that is critical for social well-being
lies within an order of magnitude which is far above the horsepower
known to four-fifths of humanity and far below the power commanded by
any Volkswagen driver. -- Ivan Illich ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org::::