[OM] Re: Lexar 4gb CF Deal

Subject: [OM] Re: Lexar 4gb CF Deal
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 23:40:12 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I don't know why the water... hadn't already caused a short because
> there were
>  lots of submerged 400 volt cables.  Maybe just the fact that it was
> deionized...

Pure water is actually a decent insulator, with conductivity about one
millionth that of sea water and about a thousandth that of drinking
water.
        http://www.lenntech.com/water-conductivity.htm

But even drinking water will not "cause a short," although it can
deliver the 10 or so milliamps it takes to stop a beating heart.

:::: We can only continue to use oil as long as it lasts. We should be
looking for other sources of energy. There's only one that's big
enough, it's free, and good for at least a billion years. That's the
sun. We must move into solar energy. -- M. King Hubbert, 1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::