[OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:51:01 -0500
At 04:48 PM 11/10/2008, Ken wrote:

>I've found that Provia goes slightly magenta over time, if not
>refridgerated.  During the scan process, I neutralize this colorcast, so
>it's a non-issue.
>
>Thanks for the link to that article on cleaning a Nikon scanner.  I suspect
>that will be something I'll want to do before too long, myself.

My scanner was the LS-4000 not the LS-5000, but they are enough
similar the article helped. Putting the mirror back in is the tricky part.
With scanner upside down, just pay attention to the way the mirror
will descend back into the slot. There is just a clip that holds the
mirror in. I'm not sure if I'm more happy about the 0 degree alignment
or the clean mirror. My scanner didn't have nearly as much dust as
that shown in the article. The mirror, of course, is fragile, with exposed
coating easily scratched.

Now I just need to figure out a way to develop film. In my area, I only
see ColorTek, which is located in Boston. Anyone have a good
mail order E-6 lab they would recommend?

WayneS