[OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:57:40 -0500
At 08:32 PM 11/10/2008, Chuck wrote:
>I don't know where you are or if you're in easy reach of Arlington, Mass
>just northwest of Boston.  When I lived in Woburn and was still shooting
>film this is where I sometimes had film developed and prints made.

I used to go to a place in Framingham, MA. Colorteck. Many of
these businesses are no longer doing E-6; or have consolidated
their E-6 operation. The world has gone digital. Traveling into Boston
for a roll of film probably is not going to happen. Besides, it
appears the film I thought I had, is no longer. I did find
some Kodachrome 25 and 64. I think I will just have to pass
on the TOPE this time around. :-)

Scanning my test scan of some Provia 100F, I'm reminded how
much digital now exceeds film. Unless you have an artistic talent
on the order of Ken-sliver-nose, film is not going to match the
digital very easily. But art is another matter that does not
share that boundary. No camera will ever feel like my OM-4t.
Perhaps they have a special place in heaven for such folks
to go and rejoice in such esthetic acheivements.

A good picture is a good picture, however it is rendered.

WayneS