[OM] Re: underwater photography

Subject: [OM] Re: underwater photography
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:18:03 -0500
At 08:33 AM 11/12/2008, you wrote:

>I've got an Ikelite housing for OM that I picked up on ebay a couple years
>ago, just because it was too cheap to pass up and I've always wanted to try
>scuba and underwater photography. I still haven't tried scuba, or had a
>chance to use it, but hope to some day.
>
>Darin

I think snorkeling is actually more fun, and I have better photos from
snorkeling
than from diving, but diving has a more macho bragging rights quality. Something
I need to acquire as I get older and more seasoned.

Belize is very loose on requirements for diving, and you need to
watch yourself. I know some people, with maybe one or two days
of training, taken out to the Blue Hole for a 200+ foot dive. Crazy

I actually had some problems after 4 dives and had to stop. 130-150
foot dives are easy to come by, but my body had a hard time adapting
and I had to stop after the 4th dive in 3 days.

I'll take good snorkeling any day.

Wayne