[OM] Redbubble

Subject: [OM] Redbubble
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:48:40 +1100
A few days ago I was in a café and the owner showed me something
rather interesting. One of her staff is a keen photographer and had
done a calender, using images around the café - looked very
professional, high quality print. She'd used Redbubble, a sales site
which offers a range of print options.
So I set it up for myself. I can have a a thirteen image calendar run
up, one-off, for $20 + postage - takes 2-3 weeks. I think it's rather
a good idea.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/afildes
(er, don't look if female nudity offends!)
I'm sure there are lots of sites like this but it's the first I've
seen and it is...Australian! They do have print facilities in EU and
USA I'm sure - the prices in different currencies seem to reflect
local costs, not the current ridiculous exchange rate. The suggested
mark-up is small (20%) but you can adjust it upwards, you don't pay
it on your personal purchase of your own stuff and as a means of
getting your own work into a frame, a poster, a card etc., it seems
pretty good to me.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx