Re: [OM] WTB: Zuiko OM glass (21/2, 18/3.5, 90/2)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: Zuiko OM glass (21/2, 18/3.5, 90/2)
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:33:54 -0500
I have three of the f2 series lenses: 35mm, 50mm macro, and 85mm.

I use the 35mm extensively. I also have the 35mm/2.8 but I prefer the f2 as
I find it easier to focus. I don't think there's a sharpness difference
between them.

The 50 macro is extremely sharp but is really hard to focus for non-macro
distances, so I usually use my >1.1million 50/1.4 instead.

The 85 is nice but I haven't used it enough over the year and a half I've
had it to get to know it well. I think the 100mm f2.8 is sharper and has
better bokeh but I have been keeping the 85 in my bag because I find the 100
makes me stand back too far for portraits (my opinion, I know others like to
have more distance).

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design