[OM] Re: underwater photography

Subject: [OM] Re: underwater photography
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:45:09 -0500
At 10:38 AM 11/13/2008, Bill Barber wrote:

>Anyone who thinks they might have an interest in diving needs to take a
>SCUBA certification course, before they leave home, from one of the major
>certification providers. ...

Absolutely no question, and if someone takes the short
course at a resort, they should limit their dives to 40 feet.
At 30-40 feet you can see plenty, and if there is a problem
you can head straight up.

Fortunately for me, all the dives I have been on have had
excellent dive masters, and all the divers were relatively
experienced.

The worst case was when one young woman, in order to keep up
with her "guy", pushed herself too much. I could see the stress.

Me, I'm more likely to get sick being on the boat and traveling to
the dive site than I am being in the water. If I can handle the
boat, I'm good to go. I always take some extra ginger for
the boat ride, and avoid orange juice and bacon the morning
of a dive.

The other great experience I had was in Tortola, where I got
married (2nd marriage) in a private wedding. I went on a dive the
day before and everyone from the dive boat showed up at the beach
wedding. One of the divers actually used my camera and got
better photos than the official photographer.

So diving is a great way to meet people.

WayneS