Re: [OM] October Road Trip, Part 1

Subject: Re: [OM] October Road Trip, Part 1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:40:23 -0500
You've got some really great shots there but I very much dislike the
presentation with thumbnails moving all about.  I don't know what was
going on but after I thought I was through I realized that the
thumbnails which had moved to the left (and were outside my screen
width) contained some images I hadn't seen.  Then clicking on the left
caused images to jump back over to the right (and disappear again) and
some of the thumbnails are small enough I wasn't sure I'd seen or not
seen a couple of images.  What with having to scroll left and right and
up and down and looking at little thumbnails I was having a tough time
getting through it all.

My suggestion is to make the thumbnails a little bigger and keep them
all on one side of the other and scroll the thumbnails if necessary.
And leave the thumbnail movement to the user.  I don't like things
jumping about and not knowing where they went.

Actually, I do believe that there's a bug in the presentation since I
just realized that certain thumbnails do actually totally disappear from
both sides of the screen at times.

Anyway this is my favorite
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/Albums/Sheldon%20NWR/slides/burros364b.html>
this one would be high on the list if it wasn't a trapezoid
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/Albums/Sheldon%20NWR/slides/Sheldon025.html>
and this one is pretty good too.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/Albums/Sheldon%20NWR/slides/Sheldon034.html>

Ooops!  Another one just popped into view that I hadn't seen before.
Don't know where it was hiding.

Chuck Norcutt