Re: [OM] [OT] Apple TV

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Apple TV
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:28:06 -0500 (EST)
Oops, I forgot the list moved, forwarding to the new address.  Sorry for
any duplicates....

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Jez Cunningham wrote:

> Anyone got any experience of using an Apple TV box to view photos?

We use an Apple TV primarily for watching movies but I just started
playing with it for photos.  It's easy enough to set up streaming of
photos from the Aperture or iPhoto library but unfortunately the
Apple TV tends to flatten the library hierarchy down to a single top
level menu for all your library entries.  That kind of makes it hard
to navigate the photos when there are thousands of them.  Other than
that it does a good job of displaying the photos and seems to handle
colour profiles correctly.  The slide show even picks music from your
iTunes library, a nice touch.
                                        -mark