Re: [OM] Opinions on a Photoshop magazine

Subject: Re: [OM] Opinions on a Photoshop magazine
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:37:53 -0500
About 3 years ago, while attending a photo seminar, I signed up for a 2
year subscription to NAPP which includes the PhotoShop User magazine and
on-line content which you are advised of on a monthly (?) basis via
email.  Generally a video tutorial or two of some PhotoShop technique
although it was not always video.

I would not do it again.  During the seminar I was impressed with the
presentation and convinced myself that I would get a lot of value from
the (I think) $175 (discounted) two year subscription fee.  The
presentation, as given at the photo seminar, was very much photography
based.  But what I discovered over the next two years was that PhotoShop
User magazine and the on-line content that went with it was (like
PhotoShop itself) largely a tool for graphics artists.  In a nutshell,
only a small amount of the content was useful to a photographer such as
myself.

YMMV,
Chuck Norcutt