Re: [OM] Flash question on RFF

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash question on RFF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:51:00 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> In re-reading my response I note that I said: "The reason you may not have
> seen the ready light come on is that you may have been doing test shots
> without film in the camera."

It may also be due to a dirty contact. The contacts may be filmed enough
to block the low voltage signal, while not looking dirty.

Because of the clever way that T flashes protect their auto flash
contacts from inappropriate connection on other hot shoes, they don't
drag across the contacts as the flash is put in the shoe. Rather, they
simply drop down with modest spring pressure. Keep those contacts clean
for trouble free use!

Been There Moose