Re: [OM] An amazing discovery... well, to me anyhow

Subject: Re: [OM] An amazing discovery... well, to me anyhow
From: "Rick Beckrich" <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:28:54 -0500
I'm a digital idiot. When I sent a prior post on dust spots to my graphics
guy (at the paper)
he responded:

Rick,

Adobe's new product, Lightroom, has this capability to remove dust from one
photo and then sync the position and automatically remove dust from other
photos with the same dust spots.  I have found, though, occasionally this
introduces an artifact into one (or more) of the other photos.  The dust
spot in the first photo may be sky, while in another photo, the same
position is over some other object, creating a blue artifact in the second
picture.  Once you realize the cause, though, you can reactivate the clone
tool and delete the cloned spot from the second photo.

I don't think a lot of people realize that the CCD is a "charged" coupled
device - a virtual dust magnet when activated.  Even with the ultrasonic
sensor cleaner in my Canon 40D, I still have a couple of dust spots!

Mike