Re: [OM] Auto-colour wide-gamut laptop

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto-colour wide-gamut laptop
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:59:00 -0500
Alas, the W700 covers only 72% of Adobe RGB gamut, so the most intense
colours merge. Still the best of any laptop. Still, probably wider gamut than
any paper/ink combo. You can get desk LCDs with wider colour gamut, but
they run $3k+, e.g. HP LP2475w(ew?).

Still, with a couple of fast HDs (or flash drives!) in Raid 0, 1gb video board,
8gb ram(need 64-bit OS), and quad processors, the W700 is fast, and
Lenovo is sturdy and well supported.

Dell has a big fast laptop "workstation", maximum 16gb ram. Look for
"covet" m6400 in large business section. Comes in red.

Well configured, either probably costs 5x more than your first car...

Peace, tOM

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 14:08,
usher99@xxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

| Yep,
|
| Time to think about replacement too.
|
| That got my attention when AG posted the link to dprev.?? Not
| sure about vista64/32 or even XP---all available.

| Perhaps the color gamut is wider on the Sony AW?

| Look on the features tab in the Sony link.? The Lenovo has a
| tougher reputation with a couple list members, so am leaning
| towards that.
|
| My last laptap was "gratis" from a research grant so perhaps
| perhaps it won't feel as much like a splurge.

| http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08081204thinkpad.asp?

| http://tinyurl.com/4ov65f

-- Absum! --
tOM Trottier,  +1 613 860-6633
469 Ancaster Ave,  Ottawa, ON K2B 5B6  Canada
http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel?
  Do you really need to print this email?