Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB Oly 49mm lens cap (front)
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:12:58 -0500
At 06:24 AM 11/24/2008, Chuck wrote:
>Not important for the OMs but for lenses which have bayonet design hoods
>the Tamron center-pinch type is far superior since it can be installed
>and removed with the hood attached.

I had one of those, Tamron center pinch cap and was the best made
cap I have ever used. I wish all my caps were like that.

Problem with the non-brand substitutes is they have nubs you squeeze
to remove, making it even harder to remove with lens hood attached.

I believe it is a curse to put a non-oly lens cap on an OM lens. It can
cause the lens to develop fungus or some other defect. Possibly
even the inability to photograph artistically after being attached.
You must use OM quality caps to preserve the integretiy of the lens.

WayneS