[OM] 20mm f/3.5 Zuiko Macro with stuck diaphragm

Subject: [OM] 20mm f/3.5 Zuiko Macro with stuck diaphragm
From: "Alan Wood" <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:26:51 -0000
In 2001, Mark Dapoz kindly provided some advice:

Chances are that the grease around the aperture ring has solidified and is
preventing it from turning.  Use a rubber stopper to twist the front part of
the lens off, it's just a big retaining ring.  The aperture ring should then
easily come off.  You will then see a little pin sticking out from the barrel.
Try moving that pin, it should move freely and close the aperture.  If it
doesn't then you have other problems and it's best to get the lens CLA'd.  If
it does move freely, just clean up the grease on the aperture ring and re-lube
it using an appropriate grease.

It has taken me 7 years, but I have finally managed to unscrew the front ring
(the one that says ZUIKO MACRO etc.).  Now I cannot get any further.  The
aperture ring (the first knurled ring) will not come off.  I have tried gently
warming it.

Please does anyone have any suggestions for loosening it?  Maybe a solvent?

Thank you

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)