Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:26:04 +0200
Not really based purely on the weight, although of course it is a
factor.
To me, it just felt very insubstantial, as if the plastic will break
easily when
dropped or banged against something. It may be all in the mind, but I
am used to
the idea of a solid, metal and glass lens (even if it is small). This
felt like the
complete opposite.

Although I must say, the deal-killer for me was the manual focusing
(slow, loud, motorised) and the dim viewfinder image in poor light.

I am not dissing this lens, as I said, optical quality appears to be
great,
I just didn't find it enjoyable to use. The price is also very
competitive.