[OM] Auto-colour wide-gamut laptop

Subject: [OM] Auto-colour wide-gamut laptop
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:03:40 -0500
Thanks for your comments.  Sounds like that's the ticket if I get
enough gumption to
hit the buy button after looking at my SEP statement.  I might get into
some trouble with legacy
apps with the 64 bit though.

Mike

Alas, the W700 covers only 72% of Adobe RGB gamut, so the most intense
colours merge. Still the best of any laptop. Still, probably wider
gamut than
any paper/ink combo. You can get desk LCDs with wider colour gamut, but
they run $3k+, e.g. HP LP2475w(ew?).

Still, with a couple of fast HDs (or flash drives!) in Raid 0, 1gb
video board,
8gb ram(need 64-bit OS), and quad processors, the W700 is fast, and
Lenovo is sturdy and well supported.

Dell has a big fast laptop "workstation", maximum 16gb ram. Look for
"covet" m6400 in large business section. Comes in red.

Well configured, either probably costs 5x more than your first car...

Peace, tOM