Re: [OM] winter sports

Subject: Re: [OM] winter sports
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:55:04 -0600
Now THAT looks like fun!!!!
I agree with one of the comments, though.  He was using techniques better
suited for a wide-open terrain, not a rocky mountainside like that.  With
the updraft coming up the slope it was inevitable that he was going to take
flight and I dare think that was his intention all along.  He rode it out
properly and tried to steer his way until it appeared that he lost control
of the handles and he started spinning. At that point he was doomed for a
hard landing.

Back in the early '90s I did a lot of power-kiting and a buddy had a pair of
16 foot Flexifoils. We couldn't fly them in more than a zepher because of
the extreme power they had.  A stacked pair of 16 footers in a 15 knot wind
could pick a car mostly off the ground.

AG