[OM] E-1 replacement parts whatzit

Subject: [OM] E-1 replacement parts whatzit
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:07:25 -0500 (EST)
Hi -

I got a Happy Birthday email from Olympus (USA) that offered me $20 off if I
spent $40 or more at the Olympus store.*  I'm thinking of getting some spare
E-1 parts that I never think of buying pre-need, but which would be a pain to
get if I lost the originals - things like a hot shoe cover, LCD monitor cover,
flash terminal cap, etc.

The parts page for the E-1 at emporium.olympus.com lists two items I don't
recognize, and I'm asking folks what they are.

1) "E-1 Adapter Unit" $24.45 - I think this adapts the Varimagni Finder to the
E-1 eyepiece.  Is that correct?

2) "Hood Ring EZ 14-54" $9.24 - I'm stumped.

Thanks.

* For those wondering why I got this discount offer, or why they don't, the
email said

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx