Re: [OM] [OT] Calling on the list's electrical engineers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Calling on the list's electrical engineers
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:07:17 +0100
If the camera or flash is designed in such a way that the internal
resistance of the battery also limits the current, rather than the
impedance of the device alone, then a battery with lower internal
resistance could indeed lead to a larger current flowing through the
device. IMHO this is to be considered as bad design, but it was often
used in the past.

I think that this is the reason for the warning (or rather disclaimer,
I would call it). It is impossible to say if using NiMH cells could
indeed damage the camera or not.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht nL.