Re: [OM] On free film...

Subject: Re: [OM] On free film...
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:42:11 -0500
Yeah, the bokeh sucks, and surprisingly, the lens is a Zuiko 85mm f2. I
bought the lens in Santa Fe because I got it for $50 and it looks nice, near
perfect condition. It is a newer black-nose MC lens. I've always wanted to
try the older silvernose version for comparison, since the optical formula
changed on it over the years. I have an AF-Nikkor 85mm f1.8 that has much
smoother bokeh, surprisingly, since my experience has generally been that
Nikon lenses have harsh bokeh. I also have the Minolta 85mm f1.7 that I
posted about a few weeks ago, but I haven't had time to try it yet :(

For Olympus, I prefer my blacknose 100mm f2.8 for portraits, it has smoother
bokeh. This was shot with the 100/2.8

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/mack/photopages/mack-sm
iling.htm

--