Re: [OM] On free film...

Subject: Re: [OM] On free film...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:44:10 +0200
Ah, point taken - but I still think the difference is only enough to
push
"almost ugly" bokeh to "ugly bokeh". I have never seen any amount of
USM or
contrast pushing turn truly smooth, pleasing bokeh into harsh, ugly
bokeh.

Similarly, strong USM introducing stair-stepping is not something I
have seen
in anything better than an 8-bit-per-channel file, and certainly never
with
film!

I have also found symmetrical large-format lenses to have beautiful
bokeh.
I am no expert, but I do use a Schneider Super-Angulon 90mm f/5.6 XL
quite
regularly, and even when stopped down, the background blur is
beautiful, it
sucks your eyes in...

keep well!
Dawid