Re: [OM] [OT] Calling on the list's electrical engineers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Calling on the list's electrical engineers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:04:56 -0500
It turns out that the Ricoh FF-90 P&S in question claims to do more than
100 rolls of 24 exposure film on a pair of alkaline batteries with no
flash usage and 10 rolls with heavy flash usage.  He'll have gone broke
on film and processing before he's ever ready for the second set of
batteries.  At about $1 for a pair the destructive test just isn't worth
it even on a $10 camera.

Chuck Norcutt