Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 49: mountains and light

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 49: mountains and light
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:16:09 +0100
Thanks for looking, Chuck. Your order of preference is pretty close to
mine.

As for the billboard, yes, two bedroom apartment near the beach (but
not in the first line) for € 195K, allegedly reduced from € 243K. Lots
of new, empty apartments like that around here. 2-3 years ago most of
the buyers would have been Brits, Germans and Dutch (with a sprinkling
of other Northern Europeans thrown in) looking either for a pleasant
place to retire, or if younger, just a vacation home. Now with the
deep recession all over the place, home price falling in the source
countries, and in the case of the UK, a sharp fall in the value of the
pound vs. the Euro during the past year, those buyers are staying away.

Mainly because of that, Spain is now in a fairly severe recession. It
was not directly affected by the financial crisis--no big Spanish bank
has failed or needed government support, but the spillover effects on
the real economy have hit as hard here as anywhere else.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu