Re: [OM] Back from Digest-Lalala-land

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from Digest-Lalala-land
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:06:49 -0600
On 12/6/08, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey, good to hear from you.  We had a good time with you and AG but that
> was a pretty soggy night!  Apparently you were not drowned on the way home.

Hi Chuck,
It was nip and tuck on the drowning part.  A bit of a white-knuckle
drive home.  But worth it for the fellowship. :)

> Moose and I and our special others met in Berzerkely at Moose's place.
> Moose and I together constituted a substantial mass together but
> apparently just below the critical level.  We and Berzerkely are still
> here.  We were careful to only inspect OMs while together in his house
> lest adding the two 5Ds to the mix push us over the edge of criticality.
>   We enjoyed a good dinner at a local Thai place and an equally good
> breakfast at a place serving much more Americana fare.  Do not drive
> with the Moose in his car in the hills around his house unless you like
> roller coaster rides.  Exciting.  My bride's teeth are still clenched
> from the combination of that ride following only a little behind similar
> hair raising mountain driving maneuvers on US 199 approaching the
> coastal redwoods from Oregon.  On that stretch of road if the curve
> warning sign says 10 or 15 mph... it means it.  Around Moose's place
> there are no curve warning signs and no guard rails.  :-)

You might have enjoyed it more if you'd had what he was smoking.;^)

> I'm hopeful that mother Olympus will do something really significant
> with the micro 4/3s.  A really compact digicam with interchangeable
> lenses might tempt me to add it to the stable.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I think my wife would like a 420 but I have barely gotten her to
accept her 4 MP Stylus, one of the last with an optical viewfinder.
And I have to do all the computer work for her, so I have to be
careful what I wish for.

Joel W.