[OM] Flash - was RE: *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals

Subject: [OM] Flash - was RE: *(^&*%^^$%$@ verticals
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:35:13 -0800
If you use a bounce grip it might be worthwhile to always keep whichever
side you mount it on up even when you aren't using flash. I unfortunately
found during a hectic important event that I fell back into a habit that
worked fine without the flash but not so well with it. My only excuse is
that I seldom use on camera flash.  :^(

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned using T32's off camera in Auto mode.
It's been a couple years since I did it but I found it worked well except
for the cheap remote slaves I was using and the need to carry a dozen extra
charged AA batteries. I believe I just set a different f-stop to adjust the
exposure of the flash. I could position three of them around a room. The
hardest part was finding a position which would hide the flash and not give
a hot spot on the nearest wall. The fact that when one of the remote flashes
triggered it could trigger a flash hidden from the camera made the placement
more flexible.

-jeff