Re: [OM] 4T hot shoe hassle---advice sought

Subject: Re: [OM] 4T hot shoe hassle---advice sought
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 21:01:31 -0500

Thanks Moose,

De-greased with ethyl acetate on Q-tip, erased and  now seems ship
shape.
I  think I'll do this prior to any trip or flash session now that I've
been burnt.
Appreciate the suggestions.
Mike

> Hi,
> Seems my 4T hot shoe intermittently is a problem with failure to
trigger the
> flash.  This happened a few months ago with the T28 and a couple
weeks ago
> with a Viv 283 with a remote cord. Both systems worked flawlessly on
an OM-2.
> The 4T seemed OK after I lightly rubbed the central contact with an
emory
> board.

I wouldn't use anything as abrasive as that. A pencil eraser has always
worked pretty well for me. If the contact looks nice and clean, the
problem may be grease/oil and a Q-Tip with a bit of solvent works
wonders.
> I may have wiped off the OM-2 contacts 3 years ago, but that has
never
> happened with it or a 2N.  Some of the 4T contacts are recessed and
difficult
> to clean.  Any suggestions?
Again, a soft eraser will easily form to get down in the recess and
cotton/cloth with dab of solvent also will get down there.

Moose