Re: [OM] Moose: Example of Fujifilm F10 Resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose: Example of Fujifilm F10 Resolution
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:01:01 -0600

> That description sounds like one of Burt Rutan's designs, such as the
> Varieze or Longeze, the ones that are parked empty with the nose wheel
> folded.  I've seen them, but have no experience with them.

That would be my guess too.  I've been in a Longeze.  A wonderful flying
airplane except it has the weird trait of feeling like you're in an old Ford
Fairlane with bad shocks.  In some wind conditions and cruise speeds with a
slightly-forward CG, the plane feels like it is bobbing. Come to think of
it, Rutan issued a new canard to fix an issue with it when flying in the
rain.

What drove me nuts is the rudder peddles being totally independent of each
other.  But the plane was fast and efficient and extremely stable.  Oh, and
it isn't true that it is stall-proof, but you have to work at it.

AG