Re: [OM] PacNW sunsets

Subject: Re: [OM] PacNW sunsets
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:18:07 -0800
> From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Absolute altitude isn't necessarily an accurate way of describing
> what a
> "mountain" is.  I prefer to really look at how much it rises from the
> surrounding average terrain...
>
> To me, anytime you have a one-mile vertical rise, I consider that a
> mountain.  Anything less is just mountainous.

I don't know. The "mountainous" hill that rises 2,000 feet above our
house -- which is making sunset about 1:50PM this time of year --
seems like a "mountain" to me.

I prefer the definition, "It seems really, really big from where I'm
standing."

:::: Dateline: April 15, 2020: President Jenna Bush announces foreign
terrorist cells have been located near the Edmonton oil fields, and
offers "assistance" to Canada in the form of 150,000 US troops, now
massing along the border. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::