Re: [OM] Minimalism competition: TOO COMPLEX!

Subject: Re: [OM] Minimalism competition: TOO COMPLEX!
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:09:37 +0200
I don't think I've ever seen a photo where good or bad scanning
has brought about an overall change impression I felt for an image
posted on the web (less than 1000 pixels wide).

I am not too concerned about this, myself, thus. Perhaps this should not
be about technical supremacy, but really just about the image.

I myself plan on hand-printing in the darkroom, and then I can scan
the prints
in via a totally cheap flatbed scanner and not do any PP. This will be
a big
part of my *minimalism*.

Yes, let's have fun with this. The complete opposite end of the
scpectrum
as compared to the measurebators on, say, DPReview or Photo.net (or,
have they
now finally ranemd it to digital-vs-film.net?? :-). I have been so
inspired by
some of the old TOPE entries made by some of the past masters of this
list. Technical
scanning quality means nothing in the fact of true talent.

And having fun means you don't have to prove anything to anybody.