Re: [OM] Ever-Ready Case alternative

Subject: Re: [OM] Ever-Ready Case alternative
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:55:26 -0800
swisspace wrote:
> A couple of years ago I bought a pristine ever ready case for my OM the brown
> one 1,4N, however I used it and it hasn't lasted so long its dried out and
> cracked etc. If I am to start shooting now in manual mode then I could do
> with something similar, I have larger bags, but I want something to protect
> the camera and its lens, any suggestions.

Wow you must have a climate/storage problem. I have a dark brown leather
1.4N which has been mostly sitting on the shelf for a few years with an
OM-4Ti in it. It's as smooth and supple as new.

There are various generic after-market SLR holsters. The one I have is
years old and says Kalimar on it.  I prefer that to a never-ready case
for actual use. I can just pull the camera out whole, rather than having
part of the case hanging down or needing a place to stash it. But
mostly, I just let the camera out on its own.

Moose