Re: [OM] Failed to subscribe with Gmail a/c but success with Yahoo a/c

From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:33:21 +0800
Thomas

Actually I have been keeping quiet all this while but I am having a problem
also. Before the server change, my Gmail used to automatically move all list
mail to a special designated folder that I had created. But with the new
system you now have in place, all my list mail has been pushed to my Inbox
instead, which is very odd.

Any reason why?

K.

2008/12/12 Thomas Heide Clausen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Dear Michael,
>
> List Mum here, let me see if I can help.
>
> The list does *not* filter subscriptions based on ISP, client or
> otherwise, and we have plenty of listees using gmail already.
>
> I do not know if those folks need to do something special to gmail
> (e.g. to inform spam filters that list emails are OK) to make it
> work, since  I do not use gmail myself, but I suspect that it should
> be straight forward and that Jez or Piers would be able to tell you
> if and how.
>
> I do not remember to have seen any "half subscription requests", i.e.
> where a request was made, the confirmation email sent, but the
> subscriber not verifying the subscription, from gmail lately, so I do
> not understand exactly what went wrong and I am very very sorry that
> you encountered these difficulties
>
> If you still wish to be subscribed to the 'list using your gmail-
> address, please do contact me directly, and I'll see to it that it
> happens. In general, don't hesitate to contact the List Mum when
> you're having list-related issues. I'm here for that, and I'm happy
> to help.
>
> Finally, but most importantly: Welcome on board to the best
> photography related mailing list in existence. We're excited you're
> with us!
>
> Cheers,
>
> List Mum
>
> On Dec 12, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Michael Wong wrote:
>
> > Very bad to me but fortunately I can receive mails through Yahoo a/
> > c :-)
> >

> > ---
> > Michael
> >

> > 2008/12/12 Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx>
> >
> >> All my list mail is delivered through Gmail without any problem,
> >> Michael.
> >> understand this is no help to you, but it does confirm that there
> >> is no
> >> general problem with Gmail.
> >>
> >> Piers

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney